By Mohamed Abou-Donia
Mammalian Toxicology surveys chemical brokers and examines how such chemical substances effect on human healthiness, emphasizing the significance in minimizing environmental publicity to chemical and actual risks in our houses, groups and places of work via such media as infected water, soil and air.
Starting with the fundamental rules on quite a lot of poisonous brokers, this textbook describes how they input the physique, their mechanisms of motion as soon as inside of, and methods for analysis, prevention and treatment.
Topics lined include:
- General ideas of toxicology: pharmacological and toxicological ideas underpinning the examine of toxicology, threat checks and mechanisms of cellphone death
- Disposition: routes of chemical exposures, access into the physique and diverse tissues, garage, metabolic biotransformation and removal, with examples from quite a few toxicants.
- Toxic agents: the occurrences, disposition within the physique, healthiness results, poisonous mechanisms, antidotes and coverings of various brokers together with insecticides, metals, solvents, gases, nanomaterials, foodstuff parts and ingredients, prescribed drugs, medications of abuse, traditional pollutants, endocrine disruptors, radiation, and battle weapons.
- Toxic effects: together with neurotoxicity, developmental toxicity, immunotoxicity, teratogenecity, female and male reproductive toxicity, mutagenecity, carcinogenicity, pulmonary toxicity, cardiovascular toxicity, hepatotoxicity, gastrointestinal toxicity and cardiovascular toxicity
- Toxicology and society: epidemiological reviews of chemical-induced ailments in human populations, and a imaginative and prescient for toxicology within the 21st century.
Mammalian Toxicology is a vital primer for college kids of toxicology, biochemistry, biology, drugs and chemistry. it's also acceptable for pro toxicologists in learn or regulatory affairs, and someone who must comprehend the adversarial results of poisonous brokers at the human body.